Novarix were pleased to be an official NIVAS conference 2017 exhibitor. The 6th annual National Infusion and Vascular Access Society conference took place in Birmingham on 21-22 June, 2017.
The theme of the NIVAS conference 2017 was ‘Adapt, Develop, Evolve: Striving for Excellence in Infusion Therapy and Vascular Access.’
Conference topics included:
- Vascular access – a military perspective
- Infection and blocked catheters – challenges for the IV team
- Update on Aseptic Non Touch Technique (ANTT)
- Vascular access on the road
- Adapt, Develop, Evolve – my experience- an interview with Andrew Jackson, Nurse Consultant
- RCN guidelines and practice 2016
- Eclipse – interactive presentation on infusion errors
- The uncompliant patient
- Excellence in vascular access – what does it look like and how do we achieve it?
- Workshops and case study presentations
Many of the attendees enthusiastically used Twitter throughout the conference to tweet about the quality of presentations on offer using #NIVAS2017:
— Jackie Nicholson (@nicho_j1) 22 June 2017
Fantastic conference. HCA and Student nurses should have maximum exposure to VAD/ infusions to increase awareness #NIVAS2017
— Sarah Claydon (@SarahClaydon1) 22 June 2017
— Tim Jackson (@timjacks9) 22 June 2017
Upon visiting the Novarix NIVAS Conference 2017 exhibitor stand, delegates had the opportunity to discuss why it is important to improve peripheral vascular access and how the IV-eye vein imaging device can help.
If you would like more information about our forthcoming events, the IV-eye, or have a question about anything else, please contact us.